HORITSU.COM :: The US Immigration Laws


Effective June 20, Most Green Card Renewal Applicants to Apply at Local INS application Support Centers

Since 1989, the Immigration & Naturalization Service (INS) has been issuing Green Cards (Form I-551, Alien Registration Receipt Card) that expire every 10 years. Lawful permanent residents who were issued a Green Card with an expiration date approximately 10 years ago will need to renew it.

To maximize customer service, effective June 20, 2000, Green Card renewal applicants will have the convenience of one-stop, walk-in service at their local INS Application Support Centers (ASCs).

These new procedures apply only to renewal applicants with expiring/expired 10-year Green Cards. All other applicants filing for a new Green Card (examples include the following: lost, stolen, never received one, correct biographic information, upon turning 14 years old) just apply at their local INS District or Sub-Office, not at an ASC.

In Los Angeles, renewal applications will only be accepted at the following eight INS Application Support Centers which are all open from Tuesday thru Saturday from 8am - 4 pm, and closed on Sunday and Monday.

1. Bellflower
Bellflower Plaza, Suite A-110
17610 Bellflower Blvd.
Bellflower, CA 90706

2. South El Monte
Golden Vista Plaza, Unit Q-9251
Garvey Ave.
South El Monte, CA 91733

3. Santa Ana
1666 N. Main Street
Suite 100A
Santa Ana, CA 92701

4. Riverside
10082 Magnolia Ave
Riverside, CA 92503

5. Gardena
15715 Crenshaw Blvd.
Gardena, CA 90249

6. Van Nuys
14515 Hamlin Street
2nd Floor, Suite 200
Van Nuys, CA 91411

7. Pomona
435 W. Mission Blvd.
Suite 110
Pomona, CA 91766

8. Oxnard
Carriage Square Shopping Center
Suite 100
250 W. Citrus Grove Lane
Oxnard, CA 93030

To renew your Green Card, applicants should call the INS National Customer Service Center toll- free telephone line 1-800-375-5283 to obtain a Form I-90, "Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card" and information on
how and where to apply. The application form and information is also available on the INS Web site at www.ins.usdoj.gov or by calling INS' toll-free forms request line 1-800-870-3676.